Monday, March 11, 2013

GRATEFUL


 
H&M peplum dress | Forever 21 drop earrings | Silver thick bracelet random from Laos
Red bracelet random from India | Topshop silver thin bracelet
Sm Accessories clutch bag | Christian Siriano x Payless ankle boots 



     Hello there! I've missed blogging! I completely take full responsibility for the one week of absence (yet again) from my blogging duties. I really had the most exhilarating week, not to mention, the other crazy weeks that had gone by as well. 


     So around 3 weeks ago, my friend, Nin Echavez made me answer some random survey about the local media - seeing familiar names from the various media sectors in radio, tv and print, I initially thought it was some part of an analysis of the crème de la crème of the media. Then I was informed, that it was for the upcoming Blue Knights Media Awards. Oh - that was the first time I've heard of it. 

       When I made a rough scan at the last part of the survey, I saw "Top Bloggers" and "Top Local Blogs". Well what do you know, I saw my name and our blog in the choices. The notion of crème de la crème slipped out of my mind - as fast as you can say Style Zodiac. Well yeah, I belittle myself too much. Self - deprecating Pat singing on. I never knew someone would notice our blog and put it alongside the roster of such awesome local blogs. I have zero confidence when it comes to contests, especially when it involves popularity votes, so I thought I wouldn't stand a chance. Nin urged me to write my name among my choices, I really didn't want to so she ended up writing my name for me instead. haha Well, thanks Nin! :)


    After a week or so, one of the organizers informed me about my double nomination. Aaaah, I couldn't believe it. Thank you so much to all those who've written my name and our blog in the survey sheet! The awards night was to be held at the Finster Auditorium on March 5, Saturday. Perfect - no meetings, no projects on that night, finally, I will be able to wear the dress that I bought from H&M, a year ago.





     The day had finally come, I went with my fellow nominee, Aidx Paredes, the organizers greeted us with their warm smiles, the food was fantastic, the program itself was rather entertaining. I didn't win anything but hey, I take full pride in saying that there's room for improvement and I have yet a lot to learn. I must admit, that sometimes I feel like my posts are insipid and lack thought-provoking sentiments, but that's just me. I'm glad I have readers like you who continue to visit and comment here and appreciate what I do. You really complete my day. I'm forever grateful for the nomination, my readers, my critics and my friends who have supported this blog all throughout its existence. I love you all! (Nagspeech). haha






Photos by: AIDX PAREDES

Thank you Aidx! Your incredible talent in photography has always astonished me beyond words. 


By the way, please do check out LIEU ONLINE MAGAZINE -> FIRST ISSUE HERE
I am a writer for this awesome online magazine! Watch out for my future travel articles! 

Support the local Davao scene! :)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you and aidx for being nominated.. Like your online magazine top.. =)

    ReplyDelete